Top 5 Wedding Cakes of 2011
1) Miranda and Grant‘s wedding style was truly unique. It was retro and vintage yet natural, but overall, it was incredibly stylish! Their wedding cake is proof of their good taste (pun intended). I love the vibrant colors and detailed tree stump base. I think the moss and succulents were a nice finishing touch. It was certainly a job well done.
2) When I first saw Leslie and Dean’s wedding cake, my jaw dropped. It was definitely something new and different. It was not only impressive because of its towering height but also because of its perfectly frosted layers separated by fresh, ripe strawberries. It looked so delicious that I wanted sit down right then to enjoy a slice (or two). Yum!
3) How rustic and romantic! Jen and Phil‘s wedding cake was wrapped in burlap for an earthy accent and delicately tied with soft ribbon to give a sweet and simple look. I love how your eyes gravitate to the pop of color around the cake topper.
4) Melissa and Neil‘s wedding cake had subtle, white piping that added beautiful texture to the overall design. The fresh flowers complimented her rich red vineyard style wedding. I love how they separate the layers for an overall vibrant look. The combination of colors go so well together!
5) Simple but elegant describes Stacy and Chris‘ wedding cake perfectly. The contrast of the smooth buttercream frosting and glossy edible pearls is what makes it stand out. The fresh flowers add a delicate pink element to the clean and classy design. Beautiful!