Frequently asked Questions
How many people can you accommodate?
CJ’s Off the Square can comfortably accommodate a maximum of 135 guests, rain or shine, from April – November. Our garden and pavilion are closed during the winter (December – March).
How much does it cost to have an event at CJ’s Off the Square?
For event package details and pricing, or to schedule a tour, click here or call (615) 216-7576.
The final cost of your event will vary on three things:
- The Date – The time of year and day of the week will influence pricing. We offer discounts on our most popular wedding packages Sunday – Friday. Speak with a planner for details.
- Guest List – The number of people you are expecting is a huge factor in the overall cost of any occasion. Entertaining 35 guests is a vastly different scale than entertaining 135. We believe you can have a beautiful, meaningful wedding on any budget. However, the more people you wish to join in the festivities, the more you can expect to invest.
- Style of Event – Every client has a different idea of how they want to entertain their guests. From a simple, laid back BBQ to an elaborate, five course culinary experience, your menu style is an important factor in overall cost. How you wish to decorate the venue will also play a part. There is a wide range of lighting options, linen choices, flowers and more that you may want to incorporate into the look of the event. We are happy to quote these for you at any time.
Are there any service fees or “hidden” fees?
We like to keep pricing simple and straightforward. So here is a quick look at what you can expect to see on an invoice from CJ’s Off the Square:
- Event Package Base Price (this price remains the same no matter how many guests you are expecting)
- Per Person Price (the per person price allows your event package price to scale to accomodate the precise number of guests you are expecting)
- 9.25% Sales Tax
- $500 security deposit (which is refundable after your event)
- Additional Event Services – You may wish to provide your own vendors or choose from our affordable in-house services to enhance the look of your event. We are happy to quote any in-house services you are interested in at today’s prices.
Every venue operates differently and included a different range of services. We encourage you to get an estimate in writing from any venue you are considering to make sure you understand all fees associated with using the space to avoid what are commonly called “hidden” fees. To learn more about available event packages from CJ’s Off the Square, please complete this form and information will be immediately emailed to you.
When you come in for a personal tour, our planning staff will be happy to provide you with a custom quote for your event based on your preferred date, style and menu preferences and any other special requests. Because our venue offers all-inclusive event packages, our pricing is set and easy to scale up or down based on the number of guests you are planning for. While it may appear to be a large investment at first, the peace of mind that comes with knowing exactly what you can expect to spend is invaluable and will actually help you control costs once the planning process begins.
Can I bring my own decorations?
Yes! We love working with DIY brides as well as the many talented event planners and designers in greater Nashville. Due to the historic nature of our venue, we do have a few restrictions and require all decorations to be approved in advance so please speak with a planner to discuss your ideas in greater detail.
Do I have to use your vendors?
You are welcome to provide your own invitations, flowers, entertainment and photographer. All other event services such as catering, lighting and rentals must be purchased through CJ’s Off the Square. If you have any specific requests, please speak with a planner to discuss your ideas in greater detail.
I want to come and view the event space and property. Do I need to make an appointment?
Yes, please call or email to set up an appointment to visit. You will be able to meet with one of our planners who can answer all of your questions, show you examples of other events and put together an event estimate for you. We are open Tuesday – Saturday from 10 AM to 6 PM. Give us a call today to schedule your visit, (615) 216-7576. You can also watch a video tour now for a sneak peek at what you will see when you visit in person.
What happens if it rains?
We are prepared for whatever the weather brings our way. We limit our capacity to ensure that your event can continue undisturbed in the event of rain. Our pavilion offers completely covered event space and our patio heaters can keep your guests warm if we encounter a cold snap.
How long can we use the venue?
Because each event is highly personalized, we only work with one couple per day. You will enjoy exclusive use of the entire property during your event. The length of time you have access to CJ’s Off the Square will vary based on your event package. For details, please request a brochure.
I live out of state and am worried about planning long distance. Can you help me plan a destination wedding?
Absolutely! Whether you live across the country or just down the street, our clients love the convenience of having everything they need to plan their event in one place as well as the expertise of our planning staff to help coordinate all of the details. We also have some great online tools to enhance collaboration throughout the planning process.
Will you hold a date for me?
We offer a one-time complimentary hold for 48 hours from the time of your visit. You (or a friend or family member if you are unable to visit) must tour the venue prior to placing a date on hold.
Do you allow pets?
We do allow dogs to be on property for photos and/or the wedding ceremony. However they are not permitted to stay for the reception. Read our complete pet policy here and make sure to speak with your planner about your ideas in advance.
What is required to book an event?
To book your event, we require a signed contract and a non-refundable down payment. Your down payment will be vary based on your event package. Wedding packages require a $3000 down payment when you confirm your reservation.
What is your cancellation policy?
Each event has a payment schedule and all payments are final and non-transferable. If you need to cancel your reservation for any reason, contact your planner immediately. No refunds will be made, however you will not be liable for any further balance due once you have given cancellation notice in writing.
Do I need to purchase event or wedding insurance?
We do not require that you purchase event or wedding insurance, however if you wish to host a bar, you will be required to supply liquor liability insurance. This is usually less than $100 and can be purchased on its own or as an add on to an event policy. While we are a licensed and insured commercial venue, we do encourage you to consider purchasing event insurance. This is relatively inexpensive and can give you peace of mind with an added layer of protection against cancellation due to sudden illness, accident, deployment, as well as personal property damage and more. Visit www.wedsure.com for more information.