How many people can you accommodate?
CJ’s Off the Square can comfortably accommodate a maximum of 135 guests, rain or shine, from April – November. Our garden and pavilion are closed during the winter (December – March).
How much does it cost to have an event at CJ’s Off the Square?
For event package details and pricing, or to schedule a tour, click here or call (615) 216-7576.
The final cost of your event will vary on three things:
- The Date – The time of year and day of the week will influence pricing. We offer discounts on our most popular wedding packages Sunday – Friday as well as in the off-season. Speak with a planner for details.
- Guest List – The number of people you are expecting is a huge factor in the overall cost of any occasion. Entertaining 35 guests is a vastly different scale than entertaining 135. We believe you can have a beautiful, meaningful wedding on any budget. However, the more people you wish to join in the festivities, the more you can expect to spend.
- Style of Event – Every client has a different idea of how they want to entertain their guests. From a simple, laid back BBQ to an elaborate, five course culinary experience, your menu style is an important factor in overall cost. How you wish to decorate the venue will also play a part. There is a wide range of lighting options, linen choices, flowers and more that you may want to incorporate into the look of the event. We are happy to quote these for you at any time.
Are there any service fees or “hidden” fees?
We like to keep pricing simple and straightforward. So here is a quick look at what you can expect to see on an invoice from CJ’s Off the Square:
- Event Package Price
- Food and Beverage Estimate
- 9.25% Sales Tax
- $500 security deposit, which is fully refundable after your event
- Additional Event Services – You may wish to provide your own vendors or choose from our affordable in-house services to enhance the look of your event. We are happy to quote any in-house services you are interested in at today’s prices.
Every venue operates differently. We encourage you to get an estimate in writing from any venue you are considering to make sure you understand all fees associated with the venue and avoid what are commonly called “hidden” fees. To learn more about available event packages from CJ’s Off the Square, please complete this form and information will be immediately emailed to you.
Can I bring my own decorations?
Yes! We love working with DIY brides as well as the many talented event planners and designers in greater Nashville. Due to the historic nature of our venue, we do have a few restrictions and require all decorations to be approved in advance so please speak with a planner to discuss your ideas in greater detail.
Do I have to use your vendors?
You are welcome to provide your own invitations, flowers, entertainment and photographer. All other event services such as catering, lighting and rentals must be purchased through CJ’s Off the Square. If you have any specific requests, please speak with a planner to discuss your ideas in greater detail.
I want to come and view the event space and property. Do I need to make an appointment?
Yes, please call to set up an appointment to visit. You will be able to meet with one of our planners who can answer all of your questions, show you examples of other events and put together an event estimate for you. We are open Tuesday – Saturday from 10 AM to 6 PM. Give us a call today to schedule your visit, (615) 216-7576.
What happens if it rains?
We are prepared for whatever the weather brings our way. We limit our capacity to ensure that your event can continue undisturbed in the event of rain. Our pavilion offers completely covered event space and our patio heaters can keep your guests warm if we encounter a cold snap.
How long can we use the venue?
We only allow one event on the property at a time. You will enjoy exclusive use of the property during your event. The length of time you have access to CJ’s Off the Square will vary based on your event package. For details, please request a brochure.
I live out of state and am worried about planning long distance. Can you help me plan a destination wedding?
Absolutely! Whether you live across the country or just down the street, our clients love the convenience of having everything they need to plan their event in one place as well as the expertise of our planning staff to help coordinate all of the details.
Will you hold a date for me?
We offer complimentary hold for 48 hours from the time of your visit. You (or a friend or family member if you are unable to visit) must tour the venue prior to placing a date on hold.
What is required to book an event?
To book your event, we require a signed contract and a non-refundable down payment. Your down payment will be vary based on your event package. Wedding packages require a $3000 non-refundable down payment when you confirm your reservation.
What is your cancellation policy?
Each event has a payment schedule and all payments are final. No refunds will be made at any time with the exception of the security deposit.
Do I need to purchase event or wedding insurance?
We are a fully licensed and insured commercial venue. You do not have to purchase event insurance to host your event with us, however we encourage you to protect your investment with event insurance. This can give you peace of mind with an added layer of protection against cancellation due to sudden illness, accident, deployment, vendor contract disputes, personal property damage and more. Visit www.wedsure.com for more information.